FOREHUB, LDA, a company with registered office at Avenida D. João l, n.21, 1º esq., 2800-111 Almada (Portugal), with VAT number 513 652 752 (hereinafter referred to as “Forest Therapy Hub”) is a for-profit organisation whose mission is to achieve social and environmental benefits.
Forest Therapy Hub is a company dedicated, among other things, to facilitating and developing techniques of connection with nature so that all people can experience the health benefits of natural environments. Forest Therapy Hub provides various services in the common framework of nature-based wellness practices within its business and experience.
The Particular Conditions of each activity complement the conditions described in this section (the “General Conditions”). The Particular Conditions supersede and complete these General Conditions and apply to those who participate in Forest Therapy Hub’s events and activities (the “Participants”).
2. Responsibilities and risks
The Participants acknowledge and accept that:
- Outdoor activities in natural areas involve a risk that can lead to various types of damage, whether personal or material;
- Risks inherent to the activities can be minimised but not eliminated without compromising the essential characteristics of the activity. These damages can result from several factors, including falls, exposure to high or low temperatures, animal attacks or insect bites;
- The activities occur in places that are sometimes difficult to access, and medical assistance may take some time to arrive in the event of an accident;
- The collaborators of Forest Therapy Hub seek security, reducing the risks associated with the activities carried out, but they cannot control all the factors.
Thus, after registration/reservation, the Participants assume the following commitments before Forest Therapy Hub and, for the due legal effects, accept and declare that they are aware of the risks mentioned above and voluntarily wish to participate. Hence, Participants declare that they:
- will respect all the rules, guidelines, norms of conduct and all kinds of recommendations given by the employees and collaborators of Forest Therapy Hub for their safety, that of other people (whether they participate or not) and the environment in which the activity occurs, whether it is a public or private natural space;
- have the physical and psychological conditions to withstand the effort associated with this programme and not have heart, lung or other diseases that in any way imply limitations for the practice of sports activities.
Forest Therapy Hub’s employees and collaborators are not responsible for the inappropriate behaviours of the Participants during the activities or for damages that may be caused to third parties (who participate or not) or to the natural environment.
In these terms, to the extent legally permissible, Participants waive any claim for damages derived from their participation in this activity concerning Forest Therapy Hub.
3. Duration of activities
The duration of the activities is an indication based on ideal conditions. This time may be reduced by environmental causes beyond the control of Forest Therapy Hub. Participants will have no rights, such as reimbursements, due to alteration of the schedules due to these unpredictable circumstances.
4. Image Rights
Without prejudice to the images whose consent is legally required, Forest Therapy Hub will use images taken before, during and after activities for promotional purposes.
Forest Therapy Hub has all its activities covered by a Civil Liability policy in each country.
6. Reservation of Activities
The registration or reservation of the activities of Forest Therapy Hub must necessarily be made in the reservation form on our website (foresttherapyhub.com). The Participant, with this act, agrees to pay for all the services for which the reservation was made.
After registration, participants will receive an email with the confirmation, from email@example.com. In terms of the availability of the requested activity, the registration will only be valid after the subsequent written confirmation from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please complete all questions on the application form and press “Apply”.
- You will receive a confirmation email with your order number. If you don’t receive our email, please check your unwanted email box (spam).
- We will contact you within 7 working days.
- If you are accepted into the programme, you will be notified by email specifying the next steps to follow.
7. Payment Policies
Participants must pay a deposit of EUR 500, within ten days of acceptance of their application.
After the payment of the deposit, Participants will receive partial access to a platform with the contents of the programme.
The remaining amount (second and last instalment of the total price) is due no later than two full months before the event.
Participants will receive access to the remaining contents of the programme 15 days before the start of the training.
8. Refund and Cancellation Policies
Cancellation by the Participant up to two months before the event offers a total refund with a deduction of EUR 100 for administrative expenses.
Cancellation by the Participant after two months before the event offers a 50% refund. Once the Participants access the programme’s contents 15 days before the start of the training, there will be no right to reimbursement.
If Forest Therapy Hub cancels the event, Participants will be informed as soon as possible and be offered alternative dates, or a total refund of all amounts paid to date.
Forest Therapy Hub reserves the right to cancel and modify activities in the following cases:
- Not having the minimum number of participants necessary for the activity to take place. Forest Therapy Hub can cancel programmes up to 1 month before their start;
- Bad weather conditions, that make it impractical to carry out the activity;
- The minimum-security conditions are not met;
- Other conditions that make the activity impossible (fires, strong winds, falling trees, etc.)
If the Participants do not attend on the scheduled date, time and place of the event, without having cancelled or changed their participation as described above, Participants will lose all rights inherent to the activity, including the right to participate in other events or have any reimbursements.
9. Contact, suggestions and complaints
To be provided with more information, Participants can use the following contacts: email@example.com